Spouse Visas

If you are already married to your partner and wish to enter the UK to join your spouse, then you must make an entry clearance application as a partner. You must meet the same requirements as the fiancé visa to be successful in obtaining this visa. If successful you will be granted entry for 2.5 years. Thereafter you would make an application for an extension of leave for another 2.5 years in which you would have to meet the same requirements again. After 5 years of being on a spouse visa you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain which has the same requirements as the above two visas but in addition you must also meet the Knowledge of Life in the UK requirement by completing a Life in the UK test.

If you are not married to your partner but have lived with with them for over 2 years then you may apply as unmarried partners if you meet the remaining requirements of the visa.

The level of English Language requirement which you must meet increases at every stage.

For more information on entering as a Spouse through to Naturalisation on the basis of a spouse visa please read my blogs on the links below:

Other Family Members

Fiancée visa

If you wish to get married to your British partner in the UK then you may apply for a fiancé/e visa which gives you six months to get married in the UK, after which you would apply for a spouse visa. However, you must meet certain requirements which include a financial requirement to be have an income of at least £18,600. You must also meet the English Language and relationship requirement as well as showing that there is sufficient accommodation for you in the UK.

Domestic violence

If you have been a victim of domestic violence by your partner and are currently in the UK on a partner visa then you may be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. I will guide and advise you on this process.

Please contact me for further advice on this matter.