Business Visas and Points Based System

Tier 1 Entrepreneur

The Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa has now been replaced with the Start-Up and Innovator routes since April 2019. However, those already on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur route can still apply for extension and settlement on their initial visa basis as well as apply for family members to join them in the UK.
If you require further advice on renewing your initial Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa or applying for ILR on that basis then please contact me.

Start-Up and Innovator Visa

The Start-up and Innovator visa routes are for non-EEA nationals wishing to set up a business in the UK.

The Start-Up visa is for an applicant who wishes to start a business in the UK for the first time. Applicants will be granted a visa for two years after which they are able to switch to the Innovator route.

The Innovator visa is for more experienced business people seeking to establish a business in the UK. Applicants will be granted a visa for three years and a further three years each time they extend the visa. There is no limit on the number of times an applicant can extend the visa. After five years, applicants under the Innovator route will be eligible for indefinite leave to remain.

For both routes, applicants will need to show that they meet various requirements such as an endorsement from a listed organisation, they will also need to meet the English Language requirement of level B2 and show that they are able to maintain themselves in the UK by having held £945 in their bank account for at least 90 days prior to their application.

In addition to these requirements, an applicant applying for the Innovator route will also need to invest £50,000 into their business.

I can advise on the requirements in detail and can assist with the submission of such an application, either from the UK or abroad.

Tier 1 Investor visa

The Tier 1 Investor category is for those who want to invest £2,000,000 in the UK and after 5 years the applicant will be eligible for settlement. If £5,000,000 is invested in the UK then the applicant may be eligible for settlement after 3 years and in 2 years if they invest £10,000,000.

There are various requirements that must be met to successfully acquire this visa which I can advise on.

Tier 2 visa

The Tier 2 category is for foreign nationals who are skilled workers and have been offered employment in the UK to take up a job which cannot be filled by someone already settled in the UK. They must be sponsored by their prospective employer to be able to apply and the employer must possess a sponsor licence before being able to sponsor the worker.

It is also possible to apply under Tier 2 as a Minister of Religion or through an Intra Company Transfer, where the company in the foreign country has a branch in the UK.

I can advise and assist with applying for a Tier 2 visa including entry clearance, leave to remain or Indefinite Leave to Remain as well as the different categories of Tier 2 such as Tier 2(General), Tier 2(ICT) and Tier 2 (Minister of Religion).

Tier 2 Sponsor licence

If you are a UK company wishing to employ a migrant from outside the EU then you must apply for a sponsor licence before being able to do so. This is a complex process as you must complete a resident labour market test to show that the position you intend to fill cannot genuinely be filled by a settled worker in the UK. Further you will need to provide the Home Office with many specific documents.

If you require assistance on making an application for a sponsor licence then please contact me

Tier 4 student visa

I can assist with applications for entry clearance or extensions in the UK for migrants who wish to study in the UK or are already studying in the UK but wish to progress further in their studies.